Extensive World Fantasy Con Report
It was held here or around here somewhere. Looks very nice!
This is probably more of what we out-of-touch USians think Brighton is though. :)
PROFESSION(S): Writer, historian, librarian, professional researcher.
Non-Fiction: - The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, publication date Black History Month - February, 2015, Chicago Review Press;
Novels: The Horsegirl; The Stalking Horse; Stallion Queen
Shorter Fiction of Interest:
Neb Short Story Finalist, "Flower Kiss".
From The Della Stories: The Kingdom By the Lake: "Dark Moon Murmuration", "Made By Hand", "Mrs. Langdon's Diary -OR- They Carry It Too Far"
Editor of the short-listed Philip K. Dick Award original anthology, Not of Woman Born.
OTHER WORKS OF INTEREST:
- Postmamboism: Collected Writings (2011)
- Do Not Fear Death: Music And The Haitian Earthquake, pub date January, 2011
- The Year Before the Flood: A Story of New Orleans, pub date August, 2009
- The World That Made New Orleans: Spanish Silver to Congo Square, pub. date January 2008; named the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities Book of the Year; The Gulf Independent Book Sellers Favorite Book of 2009
- Cuba and Its Music: From the First Drums to the Mambo, pub date July 2004, winner of the ASCAP Deems Taylor Award; chosen by Rolling Stone as the second best book of music writing for the year, after Bob Dylan's Chronicles: Vol 1